Our quilt group each year has a challenge fabric for the local Newborn Intensive Care unit in our hospital
We each get the fabric near the first of the year and then at our show in the middle of July we show off our quilts!
This year's fabric was a challenge to me...you can see it in the middle of my quilt with colors that aren't in my stash four sure LOL
So darn it all I had to go shopping for stuff to use. I played a bit with some quilting ideas and tried something that turned out to work great!
Using my Cricut Electronic Cutter I created a 4.5" cardstock template of an elephant head and then sprayed it with quilt basting adhesive. That way I could move it around the quilt and not have to pin or baste. I then dropped the feed dogs and using invisible thread quilted in the elephants. I did manage to catch the paper once in a while but not until the end did it fall apart! LOL
I included a close up of one of the heads.
Our show accepted quilts today and ended up with a total of 105 for the quilt show and not sure how many for the donation corner of the show!
Wow that was a great improvement over last year's 60. We got some great response from the community this year and it's great seeing the quilts all hung and ready for judging.
I only entered the Curious George baby quilt and my Flower Block wall hangings this year as I didn't get Aaron's grad quilt bound...I hope it will still be here next year! LOL
I forgot to take pics of the group hanging the quilts unfortunately but I will be sure to take some pics when I am on hostess duty during the week.
I sent DH out for Chinese today as I am just too pooped to cook.