Welcome to my Creative World with quiltmaking, scrapbooking, and most of all family and friends!

Monday, June 1, 2009

A Planned Deviation!

I could call it that instead of a mistake, right? LOL
A new block for the Debbie Mumm BOM ...but not one of Debbie's blocks...I took this block from the book Block Magic 2 to substitute for one that I didn't want to make a second time for this version of the quilt. Since it will be for my grd C I think it is a great sub.
However...
When I was trimming the sizing up sashing to bring the block from an 8" finished to 9" finished I mentally figured 4 1/2 as half of 9 forgetting to add the seam allowance and thus the uneven border. So my options are to replace that side or call it a variation on the block right? LOL
Oh Well we will see.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Nedra said...

Love that title! So true! And with such a great attitude you will go far.

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

A heart is lovely in any form and color. I think the shape of a heart is so sweet.

Kristin said...

Funny.... I didn't even notice the border variation until you mentioned it. So, at first glance the block looks great! I love the colors and pattern combo; definitely very Debby Mumm!

Hope you are well, Cathie. :0)

khan said...

Information
Informatics Advanced World collects and shares highly scalable Informatics Data and organizes it for good interpretation, simple and understandable presentation so that any one can easily analyze and spread such Information.

noiln said...

Planned Deviation
Define Planned Deviation, what is deviation? , what is planned Deviation?
http://www.infoaw.com/article.php?articleId=925