Welcome to my Creative World with quiltmaking, scrapbooking, and most of all family and friends!

Friday, October 17, 2008

Oct Flower project top finished

Yippee the October project's top is done!

I wasn't sure about the color combination but I think it is striking with the orange purple and green. Not at all my usual color selection but to me it evokes fall.
I mentioned I was having a whole bunch of trouble getting the triangles around the thistle flower together...well of course it took me until the last block to figure out that I was putting the triangle in the wrong way! LOL the template has a grain line that is supposed to keep the edge of the block square. I really thought I had the darn thing in the correct position but until the last block when I paid special attention to how I placed the triangles, you guessed it it worked just fine!
I think that might have been why Jody added that thin border LOL
I do need to do some machine applique stitching and of course quilt and bind it but it's done for now.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Nanette Merrill said...

Love the purple and green! It is really a clever quilt. How fun.

Joanna said...

Cathie, I LOVE this one! Hey I bet it ties in with all the Scottish heritage you've got. I've been wanting to doing something with Thistles to honor mine for a few years. I was thinking something big, but yours is just lovely small so I have hope!