Welcome to my Creative World with quiltmaking, scrapbooking, and most of all family and friends!

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Making Jam

This year our peach tree did very well and we got two and a half grocery bags full of peaches. This peach tree is a volunteer and so we aren't sure what kind they are but they are pretty good and medium sized...just right for jam.

H picked them while I was gone to Quilt Fest and I am sorry to say they sat all week waiting for me to make them into jam. Some got quite yucky by then but there ended up to be enough to make 6 freezer containers and two wide mouth pints and some leftover for cobbler.

I ended up trying three different recipes with the three batches I did! One was regular feezer jam, one regular processed jam with splenda instead of sugar (as per the directions) and the last is freezer with grape juice and splenda. We shall see which one ends up our favorite or maybe it will be better luck next year! LOL


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Nanette Merrill said...

we are loving the peach jam I made last month. I'm sure you will enjoy yours.