Welcome to my Creative World with quiltmaking, scrapbooking, and most of all family and friends!

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

More from the Quilf Fest


Did I mention that my lucky streak was alive and well? LOL
At the quilt fest I was lucky enough to win 2 door prizes and one sitting in the right seat prize and I found out yesterday at my New Friends meeting I won one of the Breast Cancer Fund Raiser projects!

The table runner you see in the first picture is what I bid on and won. Each year the guild picks a pink fabric for a challenge to create a block. Each block is given a number and then you can vote for your favorite block by purchasing tickets. Then several of the blocks are combined to create quilts, table runners and several are made into clocks which the next year people can purchase tickets for a drawing.
Lucky me one of my tickets got me the lovely table runner. I am not sure where it will go but it might be saved for Valentine's day with the pretty pink and deep purples.


During my shopping I found these three fabrics that had to come home with me! the back is a great repro halloween print that I just loved! I will make some thing someday with it LOL Below it left a wonderful Harry Potter type print that will one day be a part of a wallhanging or a table runner with my Harry Potter blocks. On the right is a wonderful Christmas Mary Engelbreit print...wish I could have bought the whole line! I loved it but contented myself with the main one I liked.

Last of all a lovely new designer from my part of Utah Cori Blont who has a new line of patterns and I was lucky to get one of her kits for a darling table topper! Her website is Chitter Chatter Designs. You can see the round Halloween Tabletopper I bought.
I am supposed to be scrapbooking but I think I just need a "day off " from stuff. But laundry never waits or should I say always waits but never goes away so I am doing that today. Maybe scrapping later


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Nedra said...

You lucky girl! It's always so fun to win something, let alone two things!

Nanette Merrill said...

I love Halloween fabric so much. It is soo fun!