Welcome to my Creative World with quiltmaking, scrapbooking, and most of all family and friends!

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Making "boob blockers"

Did I get your attention?
LOL DD and I had a fun afternoon today. We have tried to set aside Wednesday as a day we spend together mostly to scrapbook. With only a few weeks left until B&B move to TX this has been a fun day for DD and I to have some time together.
She called this morning and asked if we couldn't do some sewing instead of scrapbooking and of course I said "yes!"
She has been wanting to try and make what are called nursing shawls or cover up, since they sell for quite a few $$ for some cotton fabric a few notions and a bit of time. So....using her bought-en one as an example we hit the local Hancock Fabric and found everything we needed to make one. Some nice cotton fabric, boning, and "d" rings. So by the time we finished our prototype we spent about $5.00 and have a nice version of the cover up. We took a few pics as we constructed but didn't take one of the final product since little baby "A" was done for the day of being away from home LOL
I will take pics soon and let you see what we created.
Before she came I did a few things I had been putting off...
Hemmed my DGD C's jeans...she needs her legs too keep on growing while the rest of her just stays the way she is now! LOL and also finally put a binding on one of my "quilts in que". Tonight I spent a bunch of the time hand stitching the binding and will probably finish tomorrow while watching more Olympics coverage.
I am really excited to see such wonderful results of team USA in many events and am so sad when the athletes just miss a medal or don't perform the way they had hoped. So sad for the men's and women's gymnastics teams who had to overcome so many injuries and other competitors who had to drop out at the last minute!
Also hurray for our swimmers who are just doing phenomenal at their events!
Go Team USA!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice post as for me. It would be great to read a bit more about this topic. The only thing it would also be great to see here is a few pics of some devices.
David Flouee
Cell phone blocker