Welcome to my Creative World with quiltmaking, scrapbooking, and most of all family and friends!

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Thrift Store Shopping and Rose

Don't you just love what I found at the thrift store today?
I love the 50's-60's juice pitcher. I thought it would be fun to use it for something when my Civil War Love Letter group meets the first of June. The embroidery on the pillowcase is so pretty and just like summer I think. The cherry fabric was at one time a valence in some one's window but I thought I could use it for something else...not sure what but I know I will remove the polyester lace. LOL
This is the first rose of the season and it is on one of my miniature rose bushes. I should have stuck my hand in the pic for a size comparison. The Catmint is spreading all over but I need to "de-grass" my flower beds soon! Oh well at least the flowers are pretty! LOL

Still stitching on my Lemoyne stars and also catching up on the Civil War Love Letter blocks, only 12 to go by the end of June. But I need my next six done by June 2! Yes, that is panic you heard in my voice LOL!!!!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Mariangeles M said...

Great stuff!!

BTW, are you OK? The ladies on the AtoS list are worried...

A big hug from Spain,
Mariangeles

Cathi said...

Great finds! The pillowcase is so pretty!