Welcome to my Creative World with quiltmaking, scrapbooking, and most of all family and friends!

Friday, November 21, 2008

Some Quilt finishes!

It was time to get those Nov Civil War Love Letter blocks complete so that I don't have to rush at the last minute at the beginning of Dec.
It was my quilt friend MA's turn to choose and in following the colors etc in the book blocks there was lot's of red used in the blocks. I as usual have a few favorites and one that just looks like a "mess" but it is done correctly according to the example. I dug into my Poison Greens...just love them..and the one in the middle of the bottom row featured one the hard to use large prints and I love how it turned out. And of course there had to be "problems" that had to be fixed but unfortunately one that can't be fixed. It will probably have to be remade...sigh. I did a close up of the problem so you can see it. I was trimming the edges of the block and put my ruler down in the wrong spot and zip off went the seam allowance. I knew it immediately and just cringed


The two table runners were made right before I left for Texas with my quilt group during one of our quick project days. I did a quick turn on them and then stitched around the edges and will put in some simple ditch quilting when I have the time. The two are really close to the same size so the photo is sort of an optical illusion LOL
This is a quick and easy project and I think one will be a gift for Christmas and one to keep.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Nedra said...

Your civil war blocks are coming along very nicely!