Welcome to my Creative World with quiltmaking, scrapbooking, and most of all family and friends!

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

One More Thrift Store Buy and A NY Beauty

 From yesterday's shopping trip to DI I also found a great pattern for my grd's Cabbage Patch Kid doll.  When DD was a little girl I would buy these type of patterns that had an outfit for her and then a matching one for her CPK Deanna.  I was so pleased to find an unused pattern for future doll outfits .  You can see that the CPK iron-ons were still intact!  Gotta wait a bit until little K can fit the patterns but that's OK

This is my very first finished New York Beauty block!  I have to admit that it was my "learning" block and I had to undo and re-do a bit but it's so pretty.  This will be an all mixed up quilt using all kinds of prints from my 19th century stash.  No block will be the same but the fabrics will appear in multiple blocks.
I am hand piecing this one using INKLINGO which is making it so easy...REALLY it is!  LOL 
I have decided to continue by piecing the largest arc and then the middle one and then the center one and I will add the outside piece last to all the blocks. 
It will not be a get 'er done project but one I can take my time with.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Cathie, your NW Beauty block looks great! It is so much fun to see this block made up in everything from the 19th Century blocks to hand-dyes, batiks and more. I am impressed with your hand piecing!

JariJari said...

I agree with you. . . . It's so pretty.

B+B said...

So fun! Now my old babies can have clothes again! Yeah!