Welcome to my Creative World with quiltmaking, scrapbooking, and most of all family and friends!

Saturday, June 23, 2012

New Friends BOM-2010 Finished


It's always good to have another quilt finished but this one is special. 
I lead New Friends Quilt Circle's block of the month  2010 ( I think  LOL) and this was one of the two quilts I did as the samples.  I did one that I gave to my grd C that was made with pink, black and white fabrics that turned out great, however this one I made for my living room and I love it.
I used 19th Century reproductions in pinks, green, tan/cream, and blues.  I wasn't sure about the blue but I think it adds a bit of a spark to the quilt.  It has been waiting quite a while for quilting and when I found out a new member of our group is a long arm quilter I decided to give her the quilt to do.  Her name is Mary Spencer and her business  is LIVING QUILTS.COM
 I requested feathered wreath's  and she did some great motifs playing the the feathers idea.  I think I will request in the future not such dense quilting but it's so nice to have something new for my wall and something to enter in our local show in July!  Hurrah!

No comments: