Welcome to my Creative World with quiltmaking, scrapbooking, and most of all family and friends!

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

From the Quilt Room

Funny how things seem to go along in order and then before you know it chaos everywhere!  LOL
A picture of the design wall in my quilt room...
 Yep all those blocks show works in progress! 
Upper left New Friends BOM Debbie Mumm's 20th Anniversary Quilt
middle and lower left and across the middle Harry Potter Project of Doom blocks
peeking from behind the Harry blocks is a little LeMoyne Star table runner
lower center Red and Cheddar Feathered Stars
right lower orphan block basket
lower right Bonnie Hunter's Crumb blocks MY style
Upper and middle center applique blocks from Lori Smith's Victoria's Friendship Quilt
All of that are PIGS (projects in grocery sacks), UFOs (unfinished objects) WIPs (works in progress)  or whatever you want to call them. 
So of course I decided to start this....
This is the beginning of the New York Beauty done with 18th Century Repro prints in a mix and NOT match style.   This is my inspiration...but I will do my own thing.  I am using Cathi's from Quilt Obsession (see my side bar) idea of dividing my pieces into glassine envelopes.  So far it works great and I am on my way to making 16 blocks   I will be doing them the "easy" way with Linda Franz's INKLINGO method and they come together so nicely and with the lines printed on my fabric everything matches up.  Here they are ready to go and hopefully you can see the lines printed on the fabric for cutting and stitching.  THANKS Linda I would NEVER have tried this on my own!

No comments: