Welcome to my Creative World with quiltmaking, scrapbooking, and most of all family and friends!

Friday, February 11, 2011

There's A Storm Coming

I have been plotting and planning to make a Storm at Sea quilt for a few years. I love the movement when you combine the different parts of the block and I knew what it should look like. I almost chose to make it with the cheddar and red combo that has been dancing around my head for years but no, that wasn't the way I wanted it to look. I finally decided I wanted to use hand dyes or fabrics that look hand dyed in blues and greens. I have been shopping around for months for just the right fabrics and had found several good candidates but somehow never bought them.
Well as you see I finally found just the right fabrics to make my quilt. They come from a seller on Ebay that has a very nice selection of hand dyes and best of all the prices are less expensive that many I have come close to buying before. One of the things that really got me to buy was that the shipping is very very reasonable. That is what has been stopping me when I found something I liked online, the shipping just added too much to the cost per yard for me. She also was willing to cut 1/2 yards and not make me buy a full yard and then put together a special deal just for me so that I could get the colors I wanted. I am so happy with them and find that they are much like the ones I have dyed myself but the colors are richer.


Here is my Inklingo Cheat sheet that allowed me to figure the amount of fabric I needed plus how many of each piece I need to prepare for printing my precise Inklingo lines. I will probably hand piece this one but I don't have to if I decide to machine piece it
Sigh, another project for the future but I just had to share! LOL
Posted by Picasa

No comments: