Welcome to my Creative World with quiltmaking, scrapbooking, and most of all family and friends!

Saturday, October 3, 2009

What is Distracting Me Now


Many of you might not know that I am a reader. I used to resort to reading cereal boxes when I didn't have anything new to read. LOL
Anyway I am now halfway through a long awaited book by Diana Gabaldon An Echo in the Bone, which was released on my birthday, that makes it a great birthday present! LOL
This is the seventh in a series and these are NOT wimpy little books but pages and pages of several story lines that weave in and out like a good Celtic knot design.
I can sit for hours devouring the book but alas I do have some sort of a real life now and then. I have made a card for my DIL , which I will post soon, and I am also cutting and stitching on the next round on the Mariner's Compass medallion I started last month. I need to make tons of quarter square triangles that then form half a ton of hourglass blocks which form the next border.
So....I also guess I need to do some work around the house LOL
Anyway just wanted to check in for now.

1 comment:

Gari in AL said...

I am a big believer in taking reading breaks from the fun of quilting or other creative ventures. I believe that we need to restoke the creative furnace and reading seems to be one of the best ways for me.