Welcome to my Creative World with quiltmaking, scrapbooking, and most of all family and friends!

Thursday, October 1, 2009

At the Timeshare

This year instead of staying at the hotel during the Utah Quilt Guild Quilt Festival a few friends and I stayed at our timeshare in Ogden Canyon which was about a 45 min drive away. Thus we only did one day at the Festival but did manage to boost the local Ogden area economy by eating out a few times and shopping! LOL
The rest of the time we spend sewing away to catch up on projects or in P's case doing some creating of new quilts. She, her DD C and I did a whole lot of sewing....covering the floor with snippets of foundation pieced fabric and threads....but getting much accomplished. P had several smaller quilt tops that she pieced ready to quilt when she arrived home. C worked on her Dear Jane doing many outside triangles of her quilt. As for me...I spent the time catching up on my Civil War Love Letter blocks...I had gotten behind for 3 months and tat 6 blocks a month that was a whole bunch of little, often fiddly blocks with a bunch of pieces. I had prepared by choosing fabrics before I left home but it still took me the whole sewing time to get all but 3 finished. I will post them later today.

While at the office one afternoon I saw people taking pictures outside and I couldn't figure out what was going on so I peered out the window and saw a "dog"...but maybe not...it was a fox! This darling guy (?) had wandered into the condo area as a pup and now was quite at home with people. As you can see he posed quite nicely for pictures and when I walked by he wanted a handout but I told him that I didn't have anything with me LOL What a lovely creature he is and I am sure he could be a wonderful wild sort of pet but not for me.

This is a view down the road beside our unit. You can kind of see the lovely turning of colors on the distant mountain but as we drove home the colors were just starting and I suspect that in another week or so they will be spectacular.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Joanna said...

Oh how I wish I could have been there with you guys!! A few days of quilting with like-minded people and no kids sounds wonderful!

B+B said...

Looks like so much fun! I am glad that you were able to have so much fun with your friends (and dad too) up at the condo.

Dena said...

Sounds like the three of you had fun. Great picture of the fox.