Welcome to my Creative World with quiltmaking, scrapbooking, and most of all family and friends!

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Storytime and Burger King

I signed grson I up for the Mom and Me storytime at the library this year and I took a couple of pictures last week. They have the groups divided and there are supposed to be 2-3 year olds in this group but I think some are a bit younger and some are older...mabye 4? Anyway I enjoyed the songs and stories and getting to act out the story of what used to be called Little Black Sambo (in non politically correct times) but now has a different title but it's the same story?
They acted out the tiger chase that created the brown and gold butter for the pancakes at the end of the story. Amazingly enough the story was still just as funny as I remembered it from almost 50 years ago.
After storytime if the weather is nice we head outside to the park right next to the library for some outside play and then to one of the fastfood eateries that have a kids play area for lunch. This was our first trip to Burger King and they so kindly gave I a crown to wear. It loved it for a bit and was willing to pose for a picture to show his Mommy and Daddy later.
Wed. are great days for us!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: