Welcome to my Creative World with quiltmaking, scrapbooking, and most of all family and friends!

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Finished!

I mentioned in my last post that I had finished a UFO that had been hanging around for a year. I had made the center of this bag last Oct when I taught at a overnighter with my quilt group. I had already made a pot holder out of the example so I knew I didn't want another one LOL I happened to run upon a darling tote bag while surfing around the net and knew I had some Halloween type fabrics stored away from past few years I could use. That's when I discovered the witch stored away with the fabric and knew I could make the bag quickly enough to mail off to my Grson who is in VA for a few months while his Daddy does some work at the Army hospital at Ft Belvoir. I love the stripes and used the fabric on the back as well. The handle is the bright green you see on the side with a lining of a print that I have had for a while. My DD got the box and she mentioned that she loves it! Not sure if grson A will be able to get it away from her! LOL


Here is the wall quilt finally finished for grd C. I used this as a teaching sample for my night group and I love how it turned out with all the pinks and blacks...so different from the original Debbie Mumm pattern here. You might notice that I did substitute a few blocks so that it would be girly for C but most of the blocks are the same as Debbie's. I still need to make a label for it explaining all the blocks and how they represent my wishes for her through the years. When I showed it to her she said she loved it and was so excited to see the pink and black polka dots that matched her bedroom decor.
I still have one more version to finish for my home but I am STILL waiting for the perfect border fabric since I don't have enough of the ones I worked with...it will happen! LOL
I have finished one more project but it will have to remain a secret until after Christmas...I need to make sure I take a picture before I wrap it up.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Nedra said...

Great idea to take a left over block and put it on a Tote.

B+B said...

Love the bag. I am using it a lot and enjoy it so much. Been getting comments on it too. Thanks a bunch!