Welcome to my Creative World with quiltmaking, scrapbooking, and most of all family and friends!

Friday, March 13, 2009

Harrisburg PA Quilt show LO

Finally something to show for the past couple of days at the scrap table!
These were from the same trip to PA. back in 2006 and the main reason we actually went, LOL, the quilt show and workshops.

If you remember a few posts ago I ranted about the layouts from magazines? These are the pages I was looking for inspiration for and why I was having SUCH a HARD time finding any. When I take pictures of a quilt show they are usually my favorite quilts for one reason or another such as the technique is special, or the colors or fabrics chosen are special or it is just a beautiful quilt to me so I WANT to use those pictures to remember the trip. Maybe I am just more of a visual person and would rather see 10 pictures rather than one "good" picture and a page of journaling?
Well anyway this layout (S) was a bit challenging as I wanted to focus on the photos and what I saw and was attracted to at this show.

Supplies used
pp's Costco stack, cardstock, inks from Stampin Up, Titles from Cricut Opposites Attract cart, scallops and arrows from Accent Essentials (?)
I used the arrows to point out the enlarged photo for example on the lovely floral quilt those are 1" squares that make up the design!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Joanna said...

I love these layouts! I love the montage of quilt pics - you put them all together so wonderfully. I remember seeing those dog quilts at the world quilt show here in NH last year - they were amazing. But seriously, who has that much time to make them?? lol!!