Welcome to my Creative World with quiltmaking, scrapbooking, and most of all family and friends!

Friday, May 21, 2010

What's Up in The Crafting stuff?

1. My next hand piecing project. I had bought the fabric for a completely different project but when I saw the table runner project in the current issue of American Patchwork and Quilting I just knew I had to make it my next hand piecing take along project. Everything has been printed with InkLingo and cut and stored in little baggies in my plastic on the go sewing box. I think this one will be a bit easier than the last project as I have a bit of experience now!
2. A new layout (finally). As I watched 24 on Monday I pulled out the pictures and supplies I had kitted up a while ago. My little grandboys almost two years ago! Oh, my have they grown up since then. Love the bright colors I got to use with this one.
Supplies: Storytellers kit, cardstock from DCWV and Coordinations, ribbon American Crafts, inks and staples
3. Back in the quilt room I finished this Jodi Warner wall quilt enough for a show and tell of "Jodi" projects that our group did before Jodi gave a wonderful trunk show to New Friends Quilt Circle. More on that later but we had used her book A Year of Flowers as our BOM two years ago and it was time to finish up the Oct. project! LOL I still want to do some more quilting but at least I had it ready to show.
4. Mother's Day Card for my DD. I used making it as a chance to use some flowers for the May challenge for Scrap From Your Stash group. I also used my "un-named" program and my Cricut. Flowers on the pp (DCWV), the cut file had flowers, a flower stamp (Studio G) and a metallic flower from my stash. It's a fun card and reminds me of my DD!
Nuff for now and I am trying to catch up!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

B+B said...

I love the page! Look how cute little Alex was. He still is of course. I love the card too! Good thing you made it for me! I have to say I am seriously considering hiring you as my personal scrapbooker. LOL