Welcome to my Creative World with quiltmaking, scrapbooking, and most of all family and friends!

Friday, January 14, 2011

Design Wall Jan 14

It's time to report on my quilting progress this week.
I taught 2 different classes with my local quilt group this week. One was from Gai Perry's Color From the Heart book which we are using for a color study guide this year. It's a great book as it doesn't use the technical jargon of artist color theory but she teaches you to work with your favorite colors. I did an overview of the Introduction section and then lesson one on Spontaneity. It was a great exercise and the ladies in my group seemed to enjoy learning a bit about their own fabrics and color preferences.
Second class I taught was how to do an Attic Windows setting for our Crumb quilt as invented by Bonnie Hunter at Quiltville. We are only a few blocks short of having enough to do a nice double sized quilt and hopefully the next time we are working on this we will be doing the setting and getting it ready for borders.
Now, in my own quilt room I am continuing work on my Civil War Love Letter. I have now completed the 14 groups of 4 blocks with 1 inch sashing. I needed to square up the battle panels so that I can work them into the corners of the quilt. Of course if you have worked with panels you know that they aren't printed straight nor are they the same size. Sigh.... So they measure between 20 1/8"X16 7/8 and 20 1/8x 17. So the panels will have to be sashed up to fit. I guess It will be trial and error until I get it right. LOL
Posted by Picasa

No comments: