Welcome to my Creative World with quiltmaking, scrapbooking, and most of all family and friends!

Thursday, April 22, 2010

La Carreta in American Fork

Mr Creative and I enjoy eating a meal out and last Friday I wanted to find something "Mexican" but everywhere we looked there was a huge line and wait. Not for me this night. Our favorite restaurant for mexican was closed over a year ago and we have been looking for something we liked ever since.
I thought about La Carreta on State street which we had never tried, not Mexican but Peruvian, and thought well this would be a good time to try it out. It was interesting for DH and I to find dishes that would fit our eating since he is low fat and I am low carb. They had lots of beans and fries on the menu but we were able to do a bit of subing and enjoyed a lovely meal.
Mr Creative days tried out something different to drink...Inca kola as you see it doesn't look much like any cola drink I have ever seen LOL
It had a sort of cream soda/ banana flavor and he liked it a lot. Something to keep in mind.

the next Monday he and some co-workers visited for lunch and talking with the manager found that they are having a tough time and might not stay open long...I hope not because it is a nice place inside and the food is tasty and not too bad in price but not cheap for sure!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Nanette Merrill said...

Hmm, we may have to try this out.