Welcome to my Creative World with quiltmaking, scrapbooking, and most of all family and friends!

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Why I Love Quiltmaking and my Cricut

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: A March Sat. Night
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox

I know I should have been working on several other projects in the Quilt Que but when my Quilted Tabletop Yahoogroup sent me it's monthly challenge of this quick and easy runner I just couldn't resist. LOL
First I thought I would just print the pattern to save for later, then as I was sorting some scraps in a bag I thought I would just pick out the right sized green fabrics. Since I was cutting some other fabrics I might as well cut these 4 1/2 " squares at the same time, right? I tossed them in a bag to wait for later.
Then it was only 9:30pm I could just start the middle part of the top and before I knew it the middle was done and I had picked the gold and green borders.
Got up Sat morning and thought I would just cut the strips for the borders...won't take hardly any time. Then...TaDa it was a finished top. But...
It needed something more to say St Pat's day so...thus the little slide show LOL
I love it and maybe I will get around to quilting it this year but if not then at least I had a few fun hours doing something just because.



4 comments:

AMIT said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
SharonZ said...

Cathie I love how you made this project unique! Great job and great tutorial.

B+B said...

Your so funny Moma! I love the way this runner turned out. So cute and ready for St. Patty's day.

Lake Side Living said...

Love this quilt...just beautiful!