Welcome to my Creative World with quiltmaking, scrapbooking, and most of all family and friends!

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Finishing Early...

March's 6 Civil War Love Letter blocks are done and it's not even the last week of March or at least it wasn't when I finished yesterday! LOL
We should have now finished or in the process of finishing over 100 of the blocks...actually next month and May covers the last 9 of the 123 including the two applique blocks. Amazing! This month's batch looks kind of on the blue side of my fabrics. Next month I am going to use some of the fabrics that have not been "right" before because I want to show the whole range of my 18oo's fabric collection. I will admit I have 6 blocks from Jan. to do but I am hoping I will be all caught up by May's get together at my home.
Now, for a real change of pace. I had been working on some Harry Potter inspired blocks but ran upon a Twilight Series challenge just starting up last month and after printing out and staring at this block I decided to go for it! It was a very very challenging block and I didn't make the best choices for one of the fabrics but on the whole I can live with it for now. I want to embroider the apple stem and you can see a tiny spot of white on the right side of the block where I miscalculated on the background but I think I can fix it with some strategic piecing LOL I think this block is much better from a distance but I wanted to show all the tiny pieces.
Next is Charlie's police patch from his uniform... but who knows...I have a couple of Harry blocks just for fun too.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: