Welcome to my Creative World with quiltmaking, scrapbooking, and most of all family and friends!

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

More Paper Crafting

First I need to wish my oldest son D a Happy Birthday. We tried to celebrate yesterday but things didn't work so we will try today. LOL
I made him a card using the Wild Card Cricut cart. It is fun but I am glad I have the Design Studio to deal with figuring out the sizes to cut. It's not so hard once you figure out how big of an envelope can fit on the paper to then cut all the other parts. I thought this card and envie was a good choice for my son as he is a little but "kooky" LOL

Supplies cardstock, pp from that ever present Costco stack, glitter glue and a stamp from a set I bought from Costco as well. Inks from Stampin Up spots
This is a prototype of an invitation to a neighborhood recipe exchange I am planning for Dec. Cuttlebug Challenge is having a birthday celebration and having a month-long series of challenges around parties. I thought it would be a good time to do some preparation for my future get together. This will be the invitation and the theme will be carried out through the weeks.
I got the chance to use my brand spankin' new Kitchen Cricut cart but miss using the Design Studio to figure out how many I can fit on the page and tweak the designs a bit. I worked from my stash and I found I need brown cardstock LOL I would like to make the gingerbread boy cookie not so dark. LOL
I did use my Cuddlebug on the Mmmmm part (from the Graphically Speaking cart), and I found that it works quite well after it goes through the Xyron still on the Xyron paper backing. That is good to know. The folder I used was an old favorite Swiss Dots.
I need to make my plans for making about 15 or so more LOL
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

csroyal said...

This sounds so cool, a neighborhood recipe exchange!!

Glad you joined us at Cuttlebug Challenge. Hope to see you there with more for your party!

Cindy
www.cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com

Shantaie said...

I love your party idea, what a great way to get everyone together! your invitations are just darling!

thanks for joining us this week at cuttlebug challenge blog, Shantaie proud DT member.

Anonymous said...

WoW what a fabulous idea....
Your creations are beautiful..
I hope your son had a great B`day:)
Thanks for joining the cuttlebug this week:)
terrie
http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com/

Amber said...

Such darling projects!!!!
Amber (Cuttlebug Challenge DT)

June Houck said...

Very creative invite! So glad we inspired you at Cuttlebug Challenges :)

June Houck
Proud DT member @ Cuttlebug Challenge blog
http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com

Cassie said...

very cool - bet your son loved it! and the invite is really great too - such a wonderful idea for your neighborhood!

ellen s. said...

just to darn cute!
thanks for playing along!

BettyBee said...

Such a great party idea, and I love the invitation! Thanks for being a part of the Cuttlebug Challenge!

Ramona said...

What a great idea for a party. I would never have thought of that in a million years. YOU GO!

Meda said...

Thank you for joining our challenge over the Cuttlebug challenge Blog!

Jessie said...

I love your invitation and what a great idea for a party! Maybe you would be interested in playing along at the recipe card challenge blog? Would love to see you there!

http://scrapbookstoreatyourdoor.blogspot.com/