Welcome to my Creative World with quiltmaking, scrapbooking, and most of all family and friends!

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Table Runner-pa-looza!






So the rule was supposed to be....
NO NEW QUILT PROJECTS UNTIL I DID AT LEAST ONE OLDIE WAITING IN THE QUE!

Well as "they say" (I always wondered who they were?), rules are made to be broken. LOL
Well the new rule has to be
Unless I can finish it with-in two weeks then I can't do it!




Of course being on the board I had to support our Mystery Quilt teacher so when she asked what size we wanted to do our project my answer was as small as you can design it! LOL C came through for me and made a 4 block instruction so I could make a table topper or runner and here it is...FINISHED!
I took the minimalist approach and did a quick turn, no borders, no binding, rick-rack trimming and just a little bit of quilting so it wouldn't end up in the unfinished pile. I love it as it is bright and cheery and will be a nice addition to my summer kitchen table.


















In the night quilt group we had planned this project almost a year ago and oops I guess I better support THIS teacher too so...here we are with table runner #2 (which actually was finished last weekend). We traded rectangles for the background and randomly pieced them into a long strip (which later we decided we could had done a whole bunch of 4-sies and a few 3-sies), quilting the background as we added them to a prepared batting and backing. I got that part done at our meeting in about 2 1/2 hrs. I also traced the applique pieces earlier in the day for maybe an hour? Last Sat I fused the fabric and cut then later that evening I added the borders and the appliques.
Sunday I stitched the binding by hand and it was DONE!

My applique baskets came from the book Seasons of Love by Brandywine Designs.

No comments: