Welcome to my Creative World with quiltmaking, scrapbooking, and most of all family and friends!

Monday, February 23, 2009

Much better now!

In the beginning there was my 19th century stash...collected over the years from here and there. Sometimes it came in a set sometimes just what I loved. It was stored in baskets in my sewing room and when I wanted to use it I would sometimes have to pull all the baskets down to find the right piece of blue or red or whatever!
So, I decided it was time to make some changes in how I have stored the fabrics. Took it all upstairs and sorted by color this time (with a few exceptions) and piled it all out on the table.
Found out a few things too. First I have a lot more browns and blues than any other color other than maybe greens. So I am safe in NOT buying any to beef up that color. LOL Second I have several duplicates, not just in color way but the exact same prints! And third yellows and oranges are a bit scarce there. Just like today's fabrics I am betting so...I know to look for those two if I am on a shopping expedition. And last of all I have about 8-10 prints that just had so many different colors that I couldn't figure out where to put them so, they are in the right hand basket with my "background-y" type prints and my lovely Jane Austen collection that just needs to stay together so that one day when I get around to doing something JA- like I will have it! LOL
Now look at my lovely stash! Like colors together and I also found some prints that were reproductions but not 19th c. so they need a new home. I had a pile of scraps that need a new place too and then I still have some vintage yardage that never seems to fit in with what I like. I think I maybe need a give away!
I will ponder that and get back to it soon. So now it is all back in the sewing room but hopefully in a much easier to use order!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Gari in AL said...

Getting organized can sometimes be painful and/or full of surprises. I find that every year or two I need to spend some time reorganizing, if for no other reason than to reacquaint myself with all of my fabrics and toys.

OUR CHAOTIC CLAN said...

Cathie! Very impressive! I love it! I'm trying not to be envious. (smile)