Welcome to my Creative World with quiltmaking, scrapbooking, and most of all family and friends!

Thursday, February 12, 2009

buttons and cards

I just love to use buttons on both my scrapping and quilt projects and while cruising through the craft dept. at Wally-world I ran upon a bag of assorted buttons for less than $1.75 a bag. It was one where you couldn't really see what was exactly in the bag but it looked great to me so I bought one.
What a great bag full of buttons I got. Lots of pretty colors, and sizes along with some interesting novelty buttons including 8 snorkeling flippers buttons and a few mask and snorkel buttons to match. Now I am trying to figure out how to use them in my cruise album LOL
Then this morning I work up about 4 Am not being able to sleep so I headed to my scrapbook room thinking I would read a magazine and maybe play a bit with some Valentine cards I had started for my grkids. Well about 2 hours later here are the three cards finished.
The crown card has a base from a set of blank note cards I bought from Target at least a year ago at the $1 spot. It is a bit smaller than the others but it was so cute I thought it would make a good Valentine card. I used the new glitter cardstock from DCWV to make the crown (yes it is very glittery) and some jeweled brads for the accents on the crown and the little heart tag. Crown and tag are Cricut Cuts from Storybook and Doodlecharms carts.
The two owl cards have a base of cards from a set by DCWV that I bought at their warehouse sale (they are really ugly underneath LOL) Papers from DCWV 8x8 stacks once again from a warehouse sale, cardstock and some fun jewel hearts. The letters and owl are also from the Storybook cart.
I made another but forgot to photograph it before it was mailed to Texas so my DD promises to email me a picture of it LOL

Very much NOT traditional valentine's cards but they fit my grchildren and it is nice to use up things that need to be used LOL!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Michele Bilyeu said...

Your Valentine cards are just great and the buttons...how fun is that! I'm checking out the buttons there at my next visit. What fun selections!!