Welcome to my Creative World with quiltmaking, scrapbooking, and most of all family and friends!

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Olympic Trials

For the past few days I have been watching the men and women do their very best to qualify to be on America's team by participating in the US Olympic trials in several sports that always are exciting.  Anyone who knows me can say that I don't watch sports much at all but the exceptions are gymnastics, figure skating and BYU sports  LOL
Somehow when it is an Olympic year I find myself not wanting to miss all kinds of sports that I would NEVER even care about...soccer, wrestling, cycling and so-forth.  But, I have to say that I am always impressed by the men and women who are so dedicated to their chosen sport that they sacrifice years and years of their personal life to have this usually once in a lifetime experience (unless you are very lucky and blessed genetically). 
Tonight it was track, swimming and gymnastics for the women.  So enjoyable and there were a few surprises along the way. 
How much I enjoy it I can't stand to just watch constantly so this is how I kept my seat
Quilt binding!  Not my favorite thing but I love that I can sit and just stitch without having to think or match anything. 
I didn't realize that my messy room would show up in the picture but so it goes!
Congrats to all the new team members and best of luck for the upcoming games in the city of London.

No comments: