Welcome to my Creative World with quiltmaking, scrapbooking, and most of all family and friends!

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Summer Disney Memories and Herbs

 Here are a couple of recent scrapbook pages from our summer 2011 trip to Walt Disney World trip.  I really did enjoy meeting Mickey and Minnie but the lighting was awe-full!  I had trouble getting decent pictures but it was nice to be inside with the air conditioning and we waited until late in the day to do the pictures.  Howard and I ware wearing our Anniversary buttons and got so many Happy Anniversary greetings from "cast members" and others throughout the day.
Second page is the Dumbo ride.  I wanted to use something different in colors and try making it simple.  I used a sketch from Page Maps vol 2 with several tweaks    Funny thing is that the ribbon is from a Christmas release by American Crafts.  Perfect colors if I do say so myself.
I love to use fresh herbs and have tried several ways to grow it before.  I saw this idea of planting in old collendars first on Pintrest and then several other places online.  I know that you have to be careful not to bake the roots in the metal containers but the herbs need plenty of sun.  I will watch them closely for wilting and water a couple times of day if I need to.  I think the sprinklers will water them each night but I still will make sure they are not getting too much heat.It would be great to have this idea work and have lovely fresh herbs this summer.

No comments: