Welcome to my Creative World with quiltmaking, scrapbooking, and most of all family and friends!

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

From the Quiltroom Design Wall

I have to admit that I have been spending much more time in the scrapbook world than the quilt world but I have to keep up in a couple of areas so here are the latest from
Victoria's Friendship Quilt
this is an 8 inch block and I am keeping with my chosen palette of fabrics so there will be a lot of repeated use of them. I still need to do some stitching on the applique block so hopefully that will be done soon.
Color From the Heart Lesson 5 Inspiration
For this exercise we were to find something that inspired us to create into fabric something that wasn't fabric...if that makes sense LOL
I looked for 2 weeks or so to find something that made me want to do this. I was looking for something spring like and searched all kinds of images on google and finally found the image that just made me want to jump in and create.
This image is of the Castle Eilean Donan in Scotland which happens to be the castle owned by my very own Clan MacRae!
Perfect!

At the top you see the inspiration image and then below the fabrics ready to sew into the Trip Around the World quilt. The squares are 2 inches unfinished. I had planned only to pick the fabrics to start out the project since my friend PN was teaching the lesson at our New Friends Quilt Circle but once I found the photo and started picking the fabric I just couldn't rest until I had the whole thing done! LOL
I finished it on Mon. afternoon took it to our meeting and everyone assured me that it indeed showed how the image inspired my quilt.
PN and CH borrowed the quilt plus the others from our lessons to do a trunk show for another group KNOTTS in Orem, Utah. When I get it back I will add a border and then take another picture to show the finished quilt top.
I really love my quilt and might just quilt this one. I had only planned on making tops but I might not be able to help myself and actually make it into a completed quilt.
I started out with 13 fabrics and added and subtracted about 3 of the fabrics to get the final look. You might notice the "out of place" square but I didn't notice until the top was sewn so I had to do some reverse sewing to fix the boo-boo.
Sorry such a long post but you probably can tell I really love this project!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

little sis said...

I love both of these projects!!! The colors are amazing and you did a great job with your inspiration quilt. The colors are perfect!