Welcome to my Creative World with quiltmaking, scrapbooking, and most of all family and friends!

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Last Minute Crafting

Because I am leaving soon I spent the past couple of days finishing up some little projects for Christmas.
I am giving a couple of gift cards and wanted to make something personal...sort of...to hold them.
There is a wonderful how to video on this blog for making gift card holders and I used it as my inspiration. I had forgotten the sizes to cut so I did a few that were too small to start out with...sheesh I just need to remember to read my notes before cutting. It's that old adage...measure twice cut once! Anyway, I used some of the too small cuts to decorate the correct cuts and made some lemonade from the lemons! LOL

This year's fall and winter Debbie Mumm stack from Joann's has some fun papers and the penguins are from that stack. I used the large squares to make the "envelopes" for the card holders. And tried to decorate each a little bit differently. I am glad I invested in a scoring blade for my paper cutter as it makes the folds much crisper than hand folding. I love that I can just cut the parts with my Cricut and the Wild Card cartridge and then decorate. It also has an envelope too but I wanted to use the cute paper. Ribbon is from Offry and the snowflake brad is by Bo-bunny.
It's hard to tell by looking at these pictures that there is acrylic rectangles as the base for my ornaments. Each year my family "expects" me to make them a new ornament or decoration for Christmas. It all started the first year I was married....1976 when I sent home the presents with these little pom-pom mice I had made. Each year afterwards I was asked what the ornament of the year was going to be? LOL
Since we had some new family pictures I remembered this idea from an Archiver's ad...with my own spin...and created these for 2009. I had fun digging through my stash of Jolees, buttons, and other dimensional goodies to decorate. I bet my sister knows which one is hers! They are all different and I used a picture on all but one which my DIL requested two pictures on hers.
I took pictures of both the backs and fronts.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: