Welcome to my Creative World with quiltmaking, scrapbooking, and most of all family and friends!

Friday, February 24, 2012

Design Wall Friday


I am happy to say that I am ahead of the BOM I am teaching my local quilt group New Friends Quilt circle. As you see there is nothing "country" about MY version of the quilt LOL
I need to finish it ahead of time because it will be a gift for my grson A.
I did make a couple of changes so that it will be personalized for him. The house is now a garage and I added a mini block in the middle of the Hole in the Barn door block...I love the changes so far.
These three Harry Potter blocks are the newest. The quilt was a mystery and was finished by Jen at Sewhooked last year but I figure that is no reason to quit now. I have had way too much fun choosing fabrics for these unique blocks pulling from my purchases over the years from a local lady who's DH has been a fabric sales man for years. I would find these great fabric samples and couldn't resist LOL. Now they are finding a home in this project. For example the bottom block was a line of crazy hand dyes that made perfect books in the library.
I am in progress on a new My Project Runway outfit for the doll and hope to have it done in the next day or so.

1 comment:

B+B said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the owl! So did the boys! Little T wanted to see it over and over again on your blog! LOL! Fun colors on the other blocks too! I think someone will like it