Welcome to my Creative World with quiltmaking, scrapbooking, and most of all family and friends!

Friday, March 11, 2011

Design Wall Friday 3-12

First of all had to show my poor little empty sewing table!
My Viking somehow managed to "eat" some (a whole bunch) of thread while trying to wind a bobbin and had to go to the sewing machine doctor...sigh...I need to take the time and do a little house keeping while she is having her thread untangled LOL

My version of lesson 3 from Color From the Heart book.
The lesson was to find dark, medium and light fabrics with just one color in them for the nine blocks in the wall hanging. I was pretty satisfied with all but two. The red dark had way too much black in the print and it sort of blends into the black setting pieces. The blue green block I feel the med is too dark and the dark is too dark but over all I did find plenty of fabrics in my stash.
It was a good lesson in helping me choose the tints, tones and shades of fabrics to get the look I wanted.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: