Welcome to my Creative World with quiltmaking, scrapbooking, and most of all family and friends!

Thursday, December 9, 2010

New Friends Christmas Party this and that

It was our annual Christmas party with New Friends Quilt Circle on Tuesday and we had a fun time. I loved all the great pot luck dishes the ladies brought. Such good cooks and a great variety so that there was something for everyone. I made a dish Cheesy Chicken and even though I had never made it before, I was confident that it would be good since it had chicken, cream cheese, shredded cheese and broccoli. DS A said it smelled awful but I got the last laugh as it was delicious LOL
I made this quick purse/tote from a panel I bought at Joann's the other day. I made sure to use some fusible fleece to give it some body and added the silk flower from my scrapbook supplies. I put some MaryEllen's Best Press in lavender, a lavender candle, and a bar of handmade lavender soap. That was my gift for the exchange. My friend TR got it and she said she liked it a lot. Shew....you never know about those kinds of gifts.
I can't seem to find any Christmas gift bags so I took a plain white one and supplies from my scrapbook stash and jazzed it up. Nice thing is that it also works for the Fantabulous Cricut blog's challenge this week.
Supplies: plain gift bag, pp DCWV Christmas 09 stack, ribbon American Crafts and stash, tag cut with my Cricut using the From the Kitchen cart.
A group of friends displaying their challenge projects. Everyone had the same center panel and then created a baby quilt from it. Great job everyone! Since the center fabric was many years old it was a challenge to find fabric to "match".
More photos from our show and tell to come.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Jean said...

Great gifts. Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB this week.

SpantastiKreations said...

Gorgeous.

TFS,
Erin

Cathy Martin said...

Very nice. Thanks for playing with us at this week at FCCB.

CuteCuteWorld said...

Cute! Thanks for playing with us at FCCB :)

CricutLvr!! said...

Very cute!!Thanks for joining us this week at FCCB and good luck!!

Kate said...

What a super bag - and gift! Isn't it wonderful that you can jazz up a plain bag with items from your stash? You did a fantastic job with it!
Thanks so much for playing along at FCCB this week!

Sherri said...

Great gift....and bag!!!

Michelle said...

cute bag, but I love that purse wow you did a beautiful job!
thanks for participating in the challenge at the fccb!
scrappinwithmybug.com