Welcome to my Creative World with quiltmaking, scrapbooking, and most of all family and friends!

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Gingerbread Train

Grson I and I spent a couple of days in the past 2 weeks making a gingerbread train instead of a house. It came from a Wilton kit that contained everything that you would need to create the engine and coal car (except "coal"). I and I used the first day to assemble the train but I added some ready to use frosting in a can to make snow around the train and attach a few of the pieces together. The kit's icing was in bags that were supposed to let you just squeeze it out but no tips to make it easier. Good thing I have some cake decorating supplies on hand to make things go a bit easier. I was a great helper and the next week after the icing had hardened we decorated with more frosting and lots of candies that came in the kit. Mr Creative had the idea to use licorice for the coal car and I used some icing in a tube to secure it all in. I was glad they have "extra" candy in the kit as the bubblegum was irresistible LOL

Here we are all done and proud of our work!
It was fun to find that I's special ornament for 2010 is this Santa in a candy train. I guess Hallmark and I were in 'sync this year! LOL

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Dena said...

Great job on your Gingerbread Train!