Welcome to my Creative World with quiltmaking, scrapbooking, and most of all family and friends!

Saturday, November 27, 2010

This and That from Thanksgiving

This had to be the funniest cartoon I have seen in a long time. The little boy, Hammie, reminds me so much of my little 2 1/2 yr old grson A. I had to share.
When I was a girl my Mother would make pies, and not just on Thanksgiving like her daughter, LOL. When she was done with the pie dough there was always a bit left over and she would first make for us, and then later we (my sisters and I) would make these little cinnamon and sugar pies. I ended up having some dough left over and I made as a tribute to those days, a little turnover type pie.
I also tried something new this year. I have to admit I am not a fan of cranberry sauce. I like juice and drinks flavored with cranberry and also dried cranberries and also cranberry mustard made by Hickory Farms... but for sauce...eggghhh, not so much.
The one way I DO like it sort of is fresh made. Just cranberries, sugar and water but being a diabetic I really only eat a tiny bit and that is enough. This year I decided to use dehydrated apples for Mr Creative's apple pie and ended up with way too many for one pie. I had set them aside telling him to use them over some ice cream one day. I had just finished the fresh cranberry sauce and noticed those leftover apples and volia a new idea was formed.
It is very delicious and not any harder than just stirring the apples into the cranberries! I wonder if this is how the Pillsbury Bake Off winner starts out!? LOL
Posted by Picasa

No comments: