Welcome to my Creative World with quiltmaking, scrapbooking, and most of all family and friends!

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Olympic Stitching

It's Olympics time again and I love to watch as much of it as I can.
Of course I love the girl-y sports like figure skating but who can resist those Half-pipe snowboarders with their youthful joy, or the grueling long track speed skaters and cross country skiing events? I was cheering and jeering last night as Apollo Ohno got his first medal along with CJ Charski (sorry if I spelled that wrong) and the exciting mogul skiing...my gosh how their knees, backs and hips must ache!
Anyway, so I needed something to keep me busy and I am starting with one of the most challenging things I have done up to now.
I am hand piecing a Grandmother's Flower Garden type project. Doing the flowers part was easy enough but...this joining together has been an adventure for me.
I am used to understanding how the pieces all fit together pretty easily but after one false start I finally got the hang of it! LOL
This will make a small placemat/doll quilt sized project and I am pretty sure I am not going to ever make another one! LOL Just too many other projects I want to try but I am glad I won this kit and have had the opportunity to learn something new.
This is my progress after a day of stitching...I did make one last flower as well soI feel I have done well for the first time on a project like this.
I can tell you this, I can't imagine doing this kind of a quilt without Inklingo to make it come together so smoothly. If you haven't checked out Inklingo and what it can do may I suggest you do! Linda F the creator has also done a post on the Inklingo blog on how you can resurrect an old GFG project that you started and get 'er done, with the help of Inklingo!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Joan said...

Cathie, I love this project you are doing..so cute. I did one of these - only one . You are doing well and I just love all those yummy colours. Your blog is great - thanks for sharing.

Cathi said...

I love those flowers!! Great kit you won!

ytsmom said...

I'm a little behind, but about your dryer . . have you cleaned out the exhaust tube that goes to the vent? It may be full of lint, and needs to be cleaned or replaced(I don't think they are very expensive). You may want to try that before getting a new dryer.

B+B said...

We have been enjoying the olympics too. Brett can't wait to see each sport. Mainly the "manly" stuff. I really like the way those flowers are turning out. Really cute!