Welcome to my Creative World with quiltmaking, scrapbooking, and most of all family and friends!

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

Sending love to all my friends and family today.
Now that I have my new camera I can share a few things I did for V-day this year.
Made Valentines for my grandchildren. I thought they turned out really cute...but of course the kids won't really be all that excited! LOL
Used my Cricut, Design Studio and my new V-day present from Mr Creative the Makes the Cut program. It allows you to use any fonts, specially designed files (SVG or MTC files) or even an image from your computer, scanner or a photo and cut them like they are on a Cricut cartridge. I have only used it a couple of times but I am impressed with how user friendly it is and how responsive the creator of the program is to suggestions and complaints by making changes and tweaks with-in a very short period.
Supplies: cardstock Provo Craft, pp DCWV 09 Spring, metallic paper DCWV, bunny Cricut cart Winter Woodland, "love" Lyrical Letters cart, ribbon American Crafts, cotton ball tail! LOL
For my DH Mr Creative I went simple with this dollar store frame that I added a metallic flower and some jewels. This is the most updated photos of our family minus one son in law.
This is my BIG, TA-DA with my MTC. My youngest son has a fondness of Kiss and so I thought it would make a good V-day gift for him. The KISS logo, I found online, was already made into an SVG file so that I could just copy into the program and cut! It was fun playing with a glittering technique to put the white cut into my XYRON face down, then it's all glued up ready for the glitter. I wish you could see it sparkle...kind of like Edward's skin LOL The other letters are from the Black Letter cart (yep it is a bit sloped but that's OK) and the other graphics are from a dingbat font that I just printed. It was fun to make and let me play around a bit.
This is what is inside the box! LOL I hope he gets the joke as sometimes 20 year olds are a bit...ummmm...well you know?
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

little sis said...

Happy Valentines Day to you too! It looks like we are indeed enjoying your new toy(s)! So creative! Thanks for sharing!